Friday, August 6, 2010

my voice is gone!

I'm sitting here realising that I haven't written in so long that I really don't know what to say or where to start (if indeed I had something to say).

Went off to the Dr today as my throat was nastily sore on Tuesday night. Wednesday it ached. Wednesday night I got a cough suppressant for a very dry cough. Thursday I battled through and decided that I needed to get to the Dr to see if it was anything more serious that a cold.

My major concern about having a cold - or something worse, is the fact that in 3 weeks we have the big concert of the year. Each year about this time, I get something. I have got through May, June and July without major issues. August hits and I am hit with a lurgy.

Dr gave me the 'good' news. It's a viral lower respiratory tract infection. Right over the area where the division is to the lungs.......Have to keep really warm. Lots of warm fluid. Most importantly NO SPEAKING!

I laughed (then coughed uncontrollably) at the last statement. I am home all weekend not speaking. It's only Friday and I am going nuts already! Well maybe I am exaggerating - but I am going to have to go to the video store for some entertainment!

Another reason I was laughing is the fact that we have a concert in 3 weeks......I have rehearsal upon rehearsal! Year 8 concert band.....80 kids (Frogdancer....you might need to be more vocal in my place....sorry!) Choir......70+kids!

At the end of the week......Massed Singing rehearsals start! That's a few 100 kids. I explained this to the dr. He thinks I should be fine by the end of the week as long as I use a mic!

Think this weekend I might get a workout on the blog.

No comments: