Sunday, August 8, 2010

silent Sunday

Sunday - day two of not talking. I have progressed through a number of emotions. Boredom is the prevailing one...although I do like the idea of not actually have to vocalise all my thoughts.

Yesterday I had a bizarre moment when my mother rang on my mobile. She inadvertently rang me instead of messaging. She was more shocked than I and immediately told me, in a slightly flustered tone, that I must not speak and to only answer "hmmm" to questions posed. She did point out that I should change my pitch according to agreement or disagreement.

When I finally did say something, it was to ask her how she was......."I think I am alright" was her reply.

You know it's hard to hide the fact that you're laughing when each and every laugh is punctuated by uncontrollable coughing.

No comments: