Friday, July 10, 2009

this is cool......

I was sent this. I am not a big choir person - which is funny seeing I run the school choir.

Often the arrangements that are out there for choirs are a bit naff......I have started creating my own which proves interesting.....sometimes they're good and sometimes they're shocking. Not all arrangements suit all types of choirs - take my school choir. Many of the kids are there cause they have to be. So I have to choose music that is a little challenging (not too much so or they will run away.....) and interesting for me, a large group of male and female teenagers and the general public (often made up of mums and dads.....)

Anyway this is a particularly interesting arrangement of a rock song. I love the opening which has nothing much to do with the music that follows.....





If I had the time, and inclination, I would run a community choir that would produce stuff of this standard. Maybe I should get out there and see if there is one local......

No comments: