Monday, November 3, 2008

Holiday Monday

Holiday Monday. Love it.

Went for a walk which became lunch. I've just got home now at 3.30pm! I left at 8.30 this morning. Love that.

Been having some introspective time this weekend. Had good times and sad times. I am quite happy but just a little 'empty' at the moment. Trying to work out the situation as to why etc. Not really able to do anything to change it but I can change the way I deal with it.

I brought a canvas yesterday for my vision board that I will be completing at some stage in the next few months. Today I painted it, reds and blues etc. I will throw a few other ideas on it with some shadowing ideas. I've never really dabbled with paints before so this has been fun. Just swished paint all over and it's now a board of colour....

I've also begun a visual journal for myself. Colour pencils, textas etc.

On a completely different level I saw "Burn after reading" last night. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. It's such a quirky movie that has many a twist and turn you wonder if it will all unite. It works out in the end, if you can call it that.

Thanks to all about the extra kilos - I have a few new tops now......it's all good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you liked 'Burn After Reading' it is on my list of films to see. I might go tomorrow. We didn't have today off! - That should add to your enjoyment of your day:-)

Laura Jane said...

I'm glad you liked Burn after Reading - I laughed myself sick in spots too.

I'm so glad you are having introspective time. An art journal is a great way to go to explore this. I've been doing this for many years now, but only recently started the art journalling, and it has made a big difference to the way I view myself.

I'll talk more with you over this in December!

(ooh, the verification word is impedant - what's holding us up?)