Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Procrastion - well it is correction

I tried to do my correction last night but was distracted by two things.

1) A crazy tv show about cosmetics through the ages. It started in the 1910's and finished in the 1960's and focused on Helena Rubenstein and Elizabeth Arden. I was intrigued, particularly with the model that they had between the eras demonstrating what the makeup look was for the coming era. I really enjoyed it.

2) A VERY BIG glass of red wine. Note to self - don't drink red wine when you are about to start correcting or reports. It was a nice drop of wine - given to me by my student teacher.

I sat there very warm, internal and external, and decided at 10pm that that was the end of it. I wasn't going to get the work done. I did separate the work into their various piles so I am right for tonight. I will leave the senior work at home and take the year 9 and below back to school. I should be able to find a little bit of time to get it done.

I had a quick discussion with one of my sisters last night and I told her about the scary, naked dream. She picked up her dream interpretation book and read the various meanings to being naked in a dream to me. She read being naked woman, in a bathtub and at school and this was the summary...I am showing my best talents and that others are recognising it in all areas of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have used cosmetics since at least roman times.
Check up on the early use of lipstick