Wednesday, February 20, 2008

just a normal day in school

I was on yard duty on the oval at recess. The sky was very dark grey, I was under an umbrella and the it was quite cold. Some year 7's were walking past me and one child said to the other "I run fast in shorts." I really didn't know what to make of this comment as I did not hear either side of the comment. I stood there for a few moments and then I laughed! Unfortunately I was standing there on my own and I looked like a sad, lonely woman laughing manically to myself under a red umbrella.

We also had photos taken today - it was entertaining. Talk about manic. I was given an extra (a lesson that you are not normally timetabled for but they give you to cover someone else) and it was supervision of the kids in the hall while they were having their pictures taken. This was during the time when the year 12s (final year) were there.

Did I laugh.

There you are with kids who are final year and really are just wanting to get as much as they can out of the school educationally, emotionally, physically, spiritually and socially. I was highly entertained by the kids who pretended that they wore glasses who posed with them on their nose and tried to look intelligent whilst laughing at their 'ingeniousness'. I think every girl had spent a lot of time doing their makeup (as did I) and they were primping everything that was within reach so they created 'the' look. A few boys fluffed their hair but most were trying to be 'cool'. After they had their shot taken it was difficult to shoo them back to class as they wanted to hang around and annoy their friends while they posed. In all it was one of the better extras that I have had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first paragraph had me laughing like a loon. Unfortunately I was on my own. I looked like a sad crazy woman pretending that her computer was her new best friend....