Tuesday, June 16, 2009

tuesday......

So I finally handed in those 230+ reports. I have to say that I wasn't really stressed about doing so many reports as I know that I am quite organised this year. If you look at my desk you might disagree with that....

I was more stressed about reading so many other reports by other teachers. It's hard working with two relatively new teachers. One teacher - this is her first lot of reports, and the other it was her third.

The teacher who has done reports before is incredibly thorough but has such a full schedule that it is hard for her to get through all in time - but she does. Her schedule includes a private studio as well as her own performance area..

The first year out really struggled to begin with and then worked slowly to get the reports to a higher level.

Reports are hard to get the hang of. I think many teachers don't remember that at same stage they will have to report back to the parents. I work with the idea that I will have to make some sort of comment about kids right from the beginning. It took me a good 7 years to get that sorted out in my mind. I have been much better since I made that discovery.

Tonight I listened to half of my year 12 students......they were great. I am looking forward to tomorrow night......

Actually I am looking forward to the end of next week when I can have a few days (weeks) off.

Night.

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Good, I'm glad you have some time off coming. You've earned it. 230 reports? Ick!