Friday, January 30, 2009

Its too darn hot.

I am sitting at home after being out for dinner and relishing in the fact that it is 24C (75F). This is fantastic after the 45.1C (113.18F). The house is starting to exhale the hot air.

Then there are all the power outages. I have been lucky but I know people who had over 30 hours of no power. It came back on today then went out again! Where I went out to dinner they had the upper hand over all the nearby restaurants. They were the only one with power. Of course they are run off their feet and everyone serving in the restaurant is looking a little stretched.

What the power companies are talking of now is enforced black outs - 2hours a pop - to try and cope with the amount of energy being used. I would hate to think what the carbon footprint is for the state at the moment!

I also heard in the news that the state government is thinking of utilising emergency powers to force the non use of certain things. The report didn't mention which things....

Surprisingly I have not heard much from the Western Front out the back. They are quiet. I am blessed.

Tomorrow is set to be 33C (91.4F) which is actually really cold compared to the last few days. Oh who am I trying to kid. It's still hot but I am thinking that it is less than 40C (104F). The long range forecast is low to mid 30s for the remainder of the week. With kids starting it will be interesting. But this is summer. This reminds me of what being a kid was like.......

Bringing me to my thoughts on my 'new' house - environmentally friendly and designed for the hot and cold.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even fathom those temperatures right now. I'm happy when it gets above freezing, and I can't even remember the last time I saw my yard. I wouldn't want it to be quite that hot, but I could definitely use a bit more warmth right about now.

Vanessa said...

On the west coast of the US we have rolling blackouts to conserve/reduce the power load. I had no idea this happened in other countries though! Stay cool!