Tuesday, June 10, 2008

reports

I have decided that report writing is one of THE MOST BORING things you can do as a teacher. I would rather just teach concepts and play with the kids. Writing about what they have done, what they could do to improve and how to do it is something that I know I have to do but gees I really hate it.

There are times when you want to write what you really think but the litigation rules are such that you really don't want to go down that path. So you think of inventive ways of writing "your child behaves like a twat in my class". Generally this might read as "need to concentrate" or "focused attention".

But I try to keep myself excited with my report writing - give myself targets to work to and then I have a quick party to celebrate. It's small but that's all I've got left.....

No comments: