Friday, May 23, 2008

Time for fun

I had about 8 hours sleep last night. Tonight I plan on having about the same - I am about to go to bed.

Today I was in a much better frame of mind - I was much happier. Note to self I must have some time to SLEEP otherwise I will be a ratbag.

I have been investigating gyms and decided that Contours was my best bet. I was just finishing off my interview and a woman walked in. It took her about 30 seconds to recognise who I was - it took most of the 5 minutes we chatted for me to gain any idea who she was. It was the now wife of one of my old housemates. We had a great chat, it was really interesting to see someone I haven't seen in ages.

So I have taken some control of my weight/exercise program. Yay.

I got a really beautiful and thought provoking email today from a great friend in response to my last blog. Thank you K. In it she suggested that I grab the moment and that "it is time to change the build up to special occasions so that they contain fun, excitement and positive reflection." I think I will do just that. Each week until and for the two weeks after my birthday, I will have a celebration.

Next week it will be the beginning of the celebrations. You are all invited.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

You have no idea how much I wish I could actually come to the celebration!