Tuesday, May 13, 2008

procrastion again

I'm sitting at my desk at the moment and thinking that I must get into the correction that I complained about last week. Last week I had the excuse of dealing with my student teacher - he did take about 3 hours of each and everyday.



......................................................sigh...................................................(stifled yawn).................................



Just overcome with tiredness just thinking about him again. Don't think I should do that again!

Now I have no excuse such as him to stop my procrastination. The aim of today is to enter all the marks of my student teacher into my chronicle then finish the year 7 marking. After that I will attack the new work that came in from the year 8s (remember 4 classes of them!)

Somewhere in amongst all of this I will teach and run the choir. We have moved to a new venue. It's not that exciting but we had to go - I had 70+ children in a room built for 30ish. The new room is our band/orchestra room. I normally run the year 8 band with 80+ kids with instruments in there. I did that yesterday. It was fun! We played through some warmups (Groan from the kids!) and then through our 3 pieces. The kids play them moderately well but they all feature the percussion section and they can't keep time! It is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!

Just an aside - I was a little freaked out after yesterday. I happily sit between 5-10 regular readers daily. After a link from Frogdancer I suddenly found myself with over 30 readers! Thank you to all who read and I hope you come back at some stage.

No comments: