Wednesday, April 2, 2008

lighten the day

My goodness it is windy here! There are gusts of over 120kmh at the moment. I feel like I should have ruby red shoes on, have a white dog named Toto (instead of my black cat) and be calling for 'Auntie Em.'

The great thing, I think, about these winds is that even if the neighbours make it outside I wont hear them!

With the help of a friend from round the corner, I have taken the bamboo blinds down and taken all the lighter objects inside. When I move the bamboo blinds are ready to go. Another positive.

I seem to have come through the anger stage of my existence. I feel much lighter in energy and spirit. I think allowing yourself to feel the emotion is a great thing to do - sometimes you should leave it well alone, but this time it was worth it. I went with the feeling of anger, and a lot of good seems to have come out of it.

A very good female friend of mine suggested that anger is often a catalyst to sorting things/events/other emotions out. I agree. After the last few days I am feeling that I am getting things sorted out in my head. I have also realised, thanks to the newly named Foo, that sometimes you have to reevaluate your goals and look at the smaller goals along the way.

I will not move hastily but will find somewhere that is what I want to move into.

Thanks to my friends and family who have been there while I have felt like a real grump. Apparently I don't show the grump obviously but I do say some things that I wish I could open my mouth and change feet. It can be rather embarrassing at times when you realise that what you have said and the tone that you have said it in is rather abrupt and offensive. Face reactions of others can be a good indication that you might have crossed the line.....

Also - had a hair colour and cut today. Amazing how a simple hair cut can not only lighten your hair but your mood. I look brilliant - but there will be no photos for you, you will have to trust me and hope that I am not exaggerating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist ..... i'm glad i gave you FOOd for thought.

Foo out!