Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday, Monday

You know Monday always comes around too fast. I made this comment to one of the guys I work with and he suggested that you think the weekend is longer if you do something on a Friday night. I have to agree with him - but the weekend is still too short!

This weekend I was out each evening and through the day as well but I still felt 'ripped off' in terms of time.



I think part of this stems from the fact that I went to a concert yesterday evening where the main instrument was the veena (see above). I enjoyed the playing alot but found the amount of time for the concert was toooooooooo long. (have I made that clear?) The concert was a graduation for a girl who has been playing this instrument for 9 years - but she is only 14 years of age! She played for about 2 1/2 hours without music and with an orchestra accompanying her!

The good thing about this concert was the fact that they had a few guest speakers, telling us about the virtues of the veena and how to play in a truly classical Indian style, so I was able to count it as part of my Professional Development! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as it might be useful in brainwashing prisoners or learning to sit through long political speeches if you wanted to be a politician.
But human development? No pleasure in it then.
So why not just go.