Thursday, January 13, 2011

raining.........

Since Monday I have pretty much stopped watching and listening to current affairs. In my chat with the doctor, he suggested that I focus on me - without listening to what is going on elsewhere.

I know there are devastating floods in Queensland and my heart goes out to all the people there. I also know that parts of New South Wales and Victoria are also experiencing floods but not to the same degree.

What is probably hard for many other people to get is the fact that I don't know the details and I don't want to know the details. Anyone who has blogged about the floods, I haven't read. Any news item at any stage gets switched off. I am watching plenty of retro television.

For me, this is a very unusual state of affairs. I have always liked to know what is going on in the world. I have always had an interest in what others are going through and this feels really selfish. I care, but I just don't.......

It's raining heavily here now and I can only assume what the issues are facing others around the country.

No comments: