Wednesday, February 24, 2010

oh my

I had the strangest day today.......

No - I had the most cringe worthy day ever!

First class for the day - African drumming with the Year 8s (14 year old kids). We are sitting in circle and every kids can see me.....

I pick up my large drum (djembe) and place it between my knees only to discover that between picking up my drum and putting it between my knees, I had inadvertently popped open EVERY button on my shirt. In fact I was flashing the students my entire torso! lace covered boobs and all.........

I don't know who was more shocked. I spun round on my chair and made myself decent and continued with my teaching.....all the while checking my shirt.

The shirt is cursed......I got home and opened my front door and a bloody huge spider (size of my palm) fell of the door and down the front of my shirt........

Shirt is being retired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it was African drumming - perhaps they were expecting the full "National Geographic" experience!

Frogdancer said...

LOLling at Scott's comment.

Was this Evan4's class? Didn't hear a word about it if it was.... maybe the poor kids are traumatised....

Laura Jane said...

Oh Jesus!!!

The unbuttoning could be fixed by stitching with a machine so it is permanently closed, or replacing the buttons with slightly larger ones.

But the spider issue? [[[[shudder]]]]]. The shirt's GOTTA go!!!!!!!

P.S. I got both your last 2 posts only today! Bloglines has been hiding you!

Unknown said...

I wonder if any of your students are blogging about it?