Saturday, October 10, 2009

tea for two

Last night I went out for dinner with the social group that I am a member of but it didn't quite work out the way I planned.

This particular group usually book into a particular restaurant but decided to change venues - new place for some variety. I arrived at the venue and saw people I knew at a table so I sat down with them. Another guy arrived in and joined us.

It wasn't until a second guy and girl joined us that I registered that I might not be with the group that I thought I was going to meet - by which stage I had brought a glass of wine and was enjoying a good catch up. This last guy and girl were meeting the other group of people that I thought I was catching up with.

The group I was sitting with had booked into the restaurant and HAD been part of the social group, which was how I had met them all, and they were having a casual catch up which I had stumbled upon. As I know many of these people well I didn't think anything of it! It wasn't until the current social group people showed up that I realised the confusion. It was awkward there for a moment or two.

I moved between the two tables and it was ok......but it was weird.

No comments: