Saturday, October 17, 2009

hard

It has been a whirlwind this week emotionally. The year 12s had a festive end to their year - Tuesday dress up day, Wednesday sign the uniforms and valedictory dinner and Thursday - their assembly which was highly entertaining.

I love my year 12s and some are definitely favourites in my world. Others, I am pleased to see the end of - but then you get that with every group of people.

Friday morning the bubble of high energy was burst with the sad news that one of the girls in Year 12 had taken her own life earlier in the week. I didn't personally teach this girl but I knew her through others that I did teach.

Her funeral was today and I found it to be one of the most moving experiences I have been to. I was there to support the kids I teach who knew her and I was struggling with the whole situation.

Frogdancer was one of her teachers and her account is quite moving........

All I have to say is RIP T.

No comments: