Saturday, May 16, 2009

is it really saturday?

I watched part of the Eurovision song contest semifinals - then I woke up and the news was on. thank goodness Scott watched them and was able to let me know who got through and has links for the acts.

But this is typical of where I am at at the moment. I am sleeping in a really haphazard way at the moment. I woke up yesterday morning at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and corrected year 8 work. I haven't laughed so much in ages. They were great - I have about another 40 Year 8 assignments to go.

As a result of having had such a long day I fell asleep on the couch around 7.40pm and then couldn't get back to sleep once I went to bed.

Work-wise things are so hectic at the moment. Year 12s are starting to either turn the screws on their study and increase their expectations on themselves and their teachers OR they seem to be falling apart. Some are falling apart due to the sheer volume of work, others don't seem to have a realistic expectation of what standard they should be working at. Either way it is hectic as you are either finding further opportunities for the kids to succeed or you are using every possible device available trying to get kids to produce enough.

Then I have the super excited year 8s - well mostly. There are some kids who are just pleased when the lesson is over. and the uber-excited year 7's -OMG! they are nuts!

The year 9's? Well they cruise between excited and serious musicianship.....

Choir is going fairly well and I am loving the sounds that I am hearing from them.

The school production opens this week - I endeavored to have little to do with it. Due to the very tricky nature of the music I found myself working with a few kids here and there. Then I found myself being a sounding board for a number of the staff involved. I think I got myself more involved than I wanted and therefore have become an interferer...........I'm sorry to those involved closely. I will run away now.

Weekend is looking good but busy.

No comments: