Saturday, November 22, 2008

one week to go!

So I have finished my first lot of the next subject of exams....they were hard. Hard to concentrate mainly. I'm tired......oh well.

I have 4 more working days left in the school year. Yay me. Between now and next Friday I need to do the following:
* Finish marking this exam.
* Drop the set of results of to headquarters - which is a decent 1.5 hour drive from my house!
* Write reports (which includes 2 year 11 classes, 1 year 9 class and 4 year 8 classes!)
* set work for the orientation week for my year 12 classes (should be fun)
* perform at the junior school concert. last one for the year.
* go into the VIT interview for registration for my mentoree.
* sort out my desk so it is squeaky clean for the beginning of next year.
* bring home preparation work for my various classes.....

I think that is it.

Roll on Friday afternoon!

Now here is one of the major influences in my music history.

Split Enz. I loved this New Zealand band SOOOOO much as I was growing up. I was lucky enough to go to their 2nd last Australian show - at the tender age of 14. Mum only let me go as I was able to convince 2 friends from a traditional Greek background to go. One girl was only able to go if her father dropped us of and picked us up from the venue - set in a dingy part of Melbourne. Mum was quite happy with that one.

So here is "History Never Repeats".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you'd do Split Enz.

I remember them playing this song at the Palais in St Kilda. You were probably still in nappies then.