Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GRRRRR!

Why is it that some people just don't have a clue?

I work with people who just don't know how to read body language, facial expressions and tone of voice. How did these people become teachers?

It always amazes me that people can't or won't read someones situation - such as sitting and working at your desk in a crowded staffroom - and decide that that is the best time to have a conversation.

I love to talk BUT I hate taking work home with me. I don't get paid enough to cover the home hours with correction and preparation etc. My 'free' time at work is quite precious to me. I like to do the preparation and correction there so inane conversations 'SHIT ME TO TEARS!' (Great song by The Tennants from the 1990s)

Don't misunderstand me - sitting in the social staffroom is great for talking about footy (what I contribute is rather amusing!), films, music (my forte - ha ha!) and the like BUT when I am at my desk that is it! My desk is my fortress and that is where I work. The moat that is built around me is full of snarling crocodiles that snap and bite as they feel like it. It is amazing how they have an uncanny resemblance to ME!

I think I have made myself clear. If only the guy who sits next to me got it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to make a beeline for your staffroom tomorrow morning and look at who sits next to you!

Vanessa said...

I get frustrated by these people too. Leave me alone and let me work! If I want to talk smack, I'll come find you and interrupt YOUR work! ;)